How to Install Kodi and Jailbreak Amazon Firestick, Fire TV : In this article you’ll learn How to Install Kodi and Jailbreak Amazon Firestick, Fire TV
- What is Amazon Firestick ?
- Is it Illegal to Jailbreak Amazon Firestick?
- How to Install Kodi and Jailbreak Amazon Firestick ?
What is Amazon Firestick ?
Before getting to Jailbreaking Firestick, You must understand what is an Amazon Firestick. Amazon Firestick looks similar to a flash drive, you can plug it into your HDMI cable and start streaming content over Wi-Fi from sites such as Amazon Prime Video, Hotstar, Netflix, YouTube and more. It is a great way to turn any Television into a smart television and stream all kinds of content such as Music, Movies and TV Shows. You can also install apps for further customizing it and it can be controlled using your voice it’s called Alexa Virtual Assistant.
You can access great content when you have a Jailbroken Firestick, It is not illegal to Jailbreak Firestick. However, it might land you in trouble if you stream pirated/plagiarized content.
If you have never Jailbroken Amazon Firestick, This guide will help you to Jailbreak Amazon Firestick within minutes. We have written a step by step guide on How to Jailbreak fire stick.
Also Read : How to Access American Netflix While Travelling
Is it Illegal to Jailbreak Amazon Firestick ?
In simple terms, NO. It is not Illegal to Jailbreak amazon firestick, Amazon Firestick is yours and you can do whatever you want with it. However, it is illegal to watch Pirated content. You must always use a VPN while using Kodi on Amazon Firestick to keep you anonymous online. Below are some best KODI VPN’s listed.
Best Kodi VPN[table “5” not found /]
How to Install Kodi and Jailbreak Amazon Firestick
So, you have bought a new amazon fire stick and looking to Jailbreak Amazon Fire stick. I’m using the version (17.6) this might help everyone who are using the older versions as well.
Let’s go ahead and setup Amazon Fire stick,
1. First Plug in your Amazon Firestick and Login to your Amazon Account (It is recommended to use a new Amazon account) using Wi-Fi. Save Wi-Fi Password to Amazon like shown in the image below.
2. Once you have logged in, Click Yes, Continue as [Your Name] and in the next step choose “No Parental Controls”
3. Your Amazon fire stick will load, Wait for few minutes and you will see a Main screen select “No Thanks” option
4. Now once you see the Homepage, From the top section go to Settings>>Device>>Developer Options. In the Developer Options turn on the ADB Debugging and Apps from unknown sources from OFF to ON.
5. If you have Fire TV you will see the Amazon FIRE TV option in the third option turn it on as well. Just tap on it to turn them ON.
6. Now go back to the HOME Screen and just say “ES Explorer” or type it in and you”ll be taken to ES Explorer page.
7. Click on the “ES Explorer” app, Download and Install the ES Explorer app on your device.
8. Once Installed, Open the “ES Explorer” and from the left Select Favorite>>Add
9. Then click on path and Type “http://kodi.tv/download” and in the Name section write “Kodi”
10. Now, from the left side Navigate to Kodi which can be found all the way to the bottom and once you click on Kodi scroll to the section which says “Older Version” and click on “here” button like shown in the Image below.
11. You’ll be taken to a new screen, Click on Android/ > arm/ > Kodi 17.6 – Krypton-armeabi-v7a.apk or choose the latest version.
12. Now, Click hover over to the three dots that you see at the bottom of the screen and click “Open in Browser” and select Open with “ES Downloader” and click on Always.
13. Now Kodi will be downloaded on your Device. Now Open and Install the file after the Download
14. Now, you have successfully Installed Kodi 17.6 or latest version on your Amazon Firestick.
15. Now Go to Applications>Managed Installed Applications>Kodi and click Launch Application
That’s it, you have succesfully installed, Kodi 17.6. Now you have jailbreak amazon firestick enjoy your favorite shows on your TV.